Thursday, June 21, 2012

May the baby we hold in our heart one day be in our arms!

Well after much prayer and consideration, Charlie and I have decided to adopt a sweet and deserving baby. We are currently on our way to becoming parents.

We are using an agency is Evansville called GLAD. They have been so amazing! I have spent so much time preparing a portfolio for the birth mother to look at. This will help her in her decision. We both had to write an autobiography and answer questions about our personalities and our childhood. Then I put lots of pictures of our family, our hobbies, our vacations, and our lifestyle. It was a lot of work but in the end it looked amazing and I was both proud and exhausted when I turned it in.

We meet with our social worker next Friday and turn in all of our paperwork which includes background checks, letters of reference( which by the way melted my heart from each person who wrote a letter for us) and financial information. After next Friday we will have a home study, which is the the part I dread the most. After all of this we will officially be ready for a baby.

I turned my application last Wednesday. On Thursday I revived a call from them that said a girl was coming in that afternoon and she wanted me to go ahead a write a birth mother letter and send in some pictures. She is due in August and wanted a family with no kids. I panicked, I quickly wrote a letter and sent in some pictures and in the end she didn't pick us. But this made me realize how I needed to get our pirtfolio in so the next one could possible pick us. It also made me realize just how real this is and how quickly our life could change. To be honest with you, I became so excited. To just think that I could be a mommy makes my heart melt.

I decided to continue our blog with our new journey in our fight for a baby. I know God will bless this journey as he has before. I am asking for your continued prayers for not only us but for our future baby and the birth mother. This will be a difficult decision for her and I pray that God puts her at peace with her choice.
I am also asking that if you know of anyone who is in a situation and doesn't want their baby that you think if us. Its very hard to get on here and ask that but I feel that if we don't ever ask we may never see what God can do. So please let us know of anybody who may be in this position.

Again I think you so much for all your love and support. Our baby will have so much love they won't know what to do with it all. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment