Saturday, June 30, 2012

Under construction!!!


So this past week has been super crazy! I finished my portfolio and sent it in and finally finished all of our papers for the home study. On top of all that we are putting in new floors!!! The house has been all torn apart. We removed the bathroom carpets and replaced them with new laminate. And now we are removing the carpets, they will be replaced on Tuesday! Whew, I'm worn out just writing that!! We want our house to be just as beautiful as the baby we bring home!

We met with our social worker Friday. She is very laid back lady and has been through the adoption process her self twice. She went over the things we have to have and the questions she is going to ask us. The biggest question for us is, "who gets the baby, if something happens to us?" I don't know how to tell her that the list of who will want our baby and who will take care of him/her is a mile long!!! :) we have so many people in our lives that I know would be great with baby Day. Please pray for us as we make that decision. Our social worker also is going to work with us on finding a birth mother. Her agency has just started working with birth mom's and they don't have as many as GLAD does but it gives us a greater chance of getting a baby faster. Its kind of like we have two feet in two doors, which ever opens up first we will take. :)She will be at Our house for the second part if the home study on July 25th. Once this is completed we are ready to bring home our baby!

I recently bought a bassinet, swing and pack n play from a really good friend. She was getting ready to sell it and I thought it would go great in nursery. You have no idea how it felt bringing that home. I've dreamed of the day that baby stuff would fill our home and it's actually happening!! I cannot wait to watch my baby sleep and swing and play. It brings tears to my eyes to think of the happiness this child will bring.

As of right now we dont have a birth mon yet. But i still find myself thinking a lot about the her. At night when I can't sleep I just think about who she is, is she pregnant yet, is she scared, is she ok?? I pray for her every chance I get, she is the one who is holding my sweet baby for me and I want her to feel God's presence in her life. I want her to have peace and joy knowing giving up her baby will bring such joy to our life!! Please pray everyday for our birth mother, that she doesn't loose hope and that she has peace about her decision.

Dear Lord,
I pray right now for the women who is carrying my child. I pray that not matter her situation she will fill your presence all around her. If she is scared place your arms around her and know she is loved. Please keep her safe and guide her through her pregnancy. Thank you Lord for your miracles!
Amen

There will never be any way to thank everyone who has helped us these past few years! Your devotion to praying for Charlie and I is beyond amazing! I pray that God blesses each of you for what you've done for us!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment