Sunday, November 11, 2012

The blog we have all been waiting for!!

 

Yes, this is the blog we have all been waiting for! On Thursday November 8th we received the call we have prayed for. We finally have a birth mom! She is due on January 9th, 2013 with a little BOY!!!!! We are absolutely over the moon with joy, happiness, excitement, nervousness and praise!

Now that I have announced our excitement I must now give glory and honor to our Lord and Savior for giving us this beautiful gift! He is the reason for our happiness and it is him who gets the glory! I want to shout "MY GOD IS GOOD, SO GOOD" He has answered our prayers. For this child we have prayed, and he has given us what we asked of him 1 Samuel 1:27

So on Thursday I was at work and around 230 the phone rings and it was Charlie, now Charlie never calls work so I knew something was up. When I answered the phone Charlie said, "hey are you sitting down" I immediately panic, thinking something is wrong. I said "oh no! What's wrong?" I could tell her was crying and he said as fast as he could, "babe, GLAD called and a birth mom choose us and its a boy and she is due January 9th!" I couldn't even breath, all I could think and say was "why didn't they call me?" ha ha!! And they did they tried my cell and since I was at work I didn't have it with me so they called Charlie. I just couldn't believe it, that this was true. After much of crying from both of us and all my co workers and even the students we all believed that we were getting a baby boy! My heart almost jumped out of my chest. I never pictured Charlie would be the one to tell me, I always thought I would be calling him but it couldn't have worked out any better! It is a moment in my life that I will never forget! For the whole day I felt like I was dreaming I had Charlie pinch me just to be sure.

We came home that night and told our family who is also so excited! We all cant believe that this is finally happening. The past few days have been spent planning and thinking and dreaming and getting ready for our bundle of joy! I alreasy have two showers planned! This baby is already loved my so so many!!!

Our birth moms name is Andrea she is 24 years old. Right now I'm asking for prayers for her, call her by name and ask God to bless her heart. She is giving us such an amazing gift and I want her to have peace about her decision, I want her to know that only God can fill that emptiness in her heart and I pray God will bless her for her amazing choice. Please pray for her everyday and thank God for placing her in our lives. I praise Jesus she listen to him and choose us!

Right now as I write this I am washing my baby boy's clothes. I'm putting his room together and imaging just how beautiful he will be! Charlie said the other day that this boy will want for nothing, and God willing he wont! That's the purpose of adoption, to love this boy more than he could ever imagine! Ive never seen my husband so on cloud nine. Its amazing to see him in such a light, he just glows! Plus he loves to tell everyone that he got to tell me that we were getting a baby! A perfect story to a perfect answered prayer!!!

4 comments:

  1. You don't really know me, but I am Debbie Mitchell's daughter-in-law, Abbie. I've been following your blog and can't tell you how happy I am for you! I have been praying for you and will continue to do so each and every day! Being a mommy is the best job in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I know you... we have some mutual friends on Facebook that's how I found your blog. But I just want to congratulate you! God has blessed me with beautiful children and I could never imagine what you've went thru. As i sit here in tears i want you to know how truly amazing you must be! Your story is so encouraging! May god keep his hand over you your son and his birth mom!

    ReplyDelete