Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A note from Mom......

Tonight, Lynnie isn't writing...tonight, you get to hear from me,  Lynsey's mom.  Lynsey asked me several weeks ago to write for the blog, but, I wasn't sure I could put into words what I feel in my heart.  Also, I have been so blessed reading what God has laid on Lynsey's heart, that I wanted to continue receiving and not sharing. I'm a little different from Lynsey.  Her happy-go-lucky lifestyle absolutely amazes me!  She is an open book and sharing her thoughts come easy for her.  Me, I'm a little more reserved (until I get comfortable around you) and normally I don't share personal things in my life with people I don't know.  But, tonight, I want to share my side of the story.
     I have learned so much this past year from Lynsey and Charlie.  They don't know it, but through this difficult time in their lives they have demonstrated to me an honest, true love for God...in the good times and the bad.  So, I want to thank them for the example they have been to me.  
     Next,  I want to say thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for all the kind words you have shared with us!!!  We have received nothing but love, compassion, and support  as we begin this journey in our lives!!!  It's funny, I say BEGIN, but honestly, this isn't the beginning... This has been God's plan for a very, very long time.  We have been on the journey all our lives.  God has been putting the pieces of his plan together for years...We're just becoming aware of His plan! Isn't that amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!        
     I can honestly say...this was not the way I visioned my plan for Lynsey...
I'm no different from any other mom...when Lynsey was born, I wanted her to have a happy life!!  I wanted her to grow up, go to college, fall in love, get married, have children, and live happily ever after.  I wanted Lynsey to have everything her heart desired!  My job, as her mom, was to try and give her everything her heart desired.  When she was little doing that  wasn't too hard.  Back then, her desires were ice cream, oreo cookies, and pink leotards!!  Pretty easy!!!  Then, Lynsey started getting older and the things she wanted or desired weren't always what I could give her. 
     Sometimes I wish we could go back to the days of pink leotards...where life for Lynsey was easy.  But, that's not reality.  Reality is...our little ones grow up.  Reality is...mom's and dad's can't give their kids everything they desire.  Reality is...Life gets more and more difficult.  Reality is... the doctor has told my daughter and son-in-law that Lynsey can't carry their child.  Reality is... my daughter's hearts desire is to have a baby!  Reality is...our family has been forced to face a situation we never dreamed we would have to face.  And reality is...God's word says..."Commit your plans to the Lord, and they will succeed" proverbs 16:3. 
     When Lynsey and Charlie told us about their doctor appointment, September 8, 2011...My heart was broken!!  I couldn't hardly look at my little girl...because I wanted soooo badly to say I can fix this.  But, in my heart, I knew that was impossible! However, the longer she talked, I began to realize, God was putting into place a way for me to be the vessel to give my child what she desired most in her life...a baby of her own.   
     Please don't think I am or our family is anything special.  I am just a mom who loves her little girl and would do anything for her.  God has given me and our family a peace about all this that I couldn't explain if I even tried.  My prayer is that God would slam the door if we aren't supposed to continue on.  But, right now, the doors are standing WIDE open!!  God has given us numerous signs to continue forward and that is what we plan to do.  I have nothing but joy in my heart knowing God's still in control and in charge of the plan for Lynsey and Charlie!!  We don't know the outcome...but, God does!  Please continue to pray for our family... Lynsey and Charlie, Cathy and Ryan, Donnie, and myself...  Miracles happen every today...AND, WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES!!!
    

1 comment:

  1. You are an extraordinary Mother. I understand. Praying for your entire family!

    ReplyDelete