Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Step two is done...you know what that means!!!!

So the second step in the testing for our surrogate is finished, and she passed with flying colors!!! We were so excited! Dr. Gentry doesnt see any reason why she cant be our surrogate. Today was filled with LOTS of paperwork and bloodwork. We left the doctors office with tears in our eyes because this is actually happening! So now you know what this means??? Its time to tell you who our our surrogate is!
I was thinking the other day what qualifies a good mommy? What do you have to have to have to be good at it? Compassion, affection, understanding? Do you have to be a good cook, or be outgoing? Do you have to love them so much that you would give them the world if you could? Of course all these things make a great mom. I sometimes wonder if I will carry these qualities when im a mom. I think back to my own mother and all that she did for me. My mom had me at the young age of 18, she gave up her life so that I could have one. She is a compassionate and understanding women, she cared for me and still went on the college to get her degree. She loves me with all her heart and all her soul. There is not anything in this world she wouldnt do for me, including carry my baby! She not only gave me life, she is willing to do it again but this time she will give birth to her grandbaby. Yes, the most amazing women in the world is willing to sacrifice her world AGAIN for me!
My mother, Robyn is my surrogate! She has gracioulsy offfered to do this for Charlie and I. I remember when we came home from the dr appoinment a couple of weeks ago and told my parents what he had said. Mom just sat there and cried and said "ill do it." Knowing the kind of mom she is I knew she would offer because she wants us to be happy. I was afraid at first that she was just doing it out of obligation. But after a few days we prayed about it and asked God to close this door if this isnt what He wanted. Every door has been opened and when we walk through them we have peace! As im writing this im still in shock that this is what will happen! Will I ever be able to thank her? Will she ever know what joy she will bring? I cant wait to tell our sweet little baby what her grandma did for her/him. I cant wait to tell them how great our God is!! Is this crazy? YES! But I know its GOD!!!!!
We are hoping to do the process in January/Febuary of 2012. We will be using our fertilized eggs, so this baby will have our DNA. WOW it feels really good to have it out there and to know that prayers can be started for Charlie, Mom, Dad and myself. Please pray for God's will to be done all the way to the end. We want God to get all the glory in this time of our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment