Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Step one is done!

The process of getting our surrogate prepared has started. Today we went to one of our many doctor appointments. We went to her OBGYN for her yearly exam (which has to be negative to continue) and we both wanted to discuss some questions we had. We were both so nervous because we want to do this so badly! The nurse and the doctor at first both seemed kind of shocked. They had never done anything with a surrogate before. He had some reservations at first but once he realized we were very serious and have thought it through he was all for it. He told us she should have no problems being our surrogate! We were both so excited! We go next week to our fertility doctor, Dr.Gentry to do a minor procedure and a consult to go over everything! We have prayed that God shut...no SLAM the door on this if it isn't what He wants and right now he seems to have the door wide open. Please be in prayer for us and we continue this journey.
Its seems so surreal right now, like this may actually happen. That we may still have a chance to have a baby of our own. Our surrogate has given us HOPE, she is giving us a lifeline to fulfill our dreams. If you don't know what it is like to not have hope your a blessed person. I feel that when you have no hope its like all the bad emotions wrapped in one, its grief, it's anger, its fear, its sadness, its confusion, and there is nothing you can do about it. At the end of our last IUI I realized we can not get pregnant without God. There is nothing I can say or a medicine I can take to make this happen. It can only happen with God. This can be scary because I am a person that seeks instant satisfaction. I wanted it yesterday, and I need to know why I don't have it now. But since this surrogate has stepped up, she has given us hope that we lost.
I decided to look up the definition of hope, these are a few I came across. When these definitions came up I teared up because they each are what I feel when I think of this situation.
HOPE is:To wish for something with expectation of its fulfillment
HOPE is:The theological virtue defined as the desire and search for a future good
HOPE is:Difficult but not impossible to attain with God's help
HOPE is:Trust; confidence
HOPE is:A wish or desire accompanied by confident expectation of its fulfillment
I know that our surrogate will be reading this so I wanted her to know that you are giving us hope thought we had lost. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment