Thursday, September 22, 2011

My other half

Ive noticed that in my blogs Ive talked about all the support from our families but Ive forgotten to mention my biggest fan. The man who has made all my dreams come true. The man who makes me the happiest girl in the world. My prince charming...Charlie!
If you know Charlie and I you know that we are so opposite! Charlie is very laid back, nothing gets him upset. He never gets mad, never is impatient with me, never worries about anything (but money) I on the other hand am total opposite. I stress about everything, I'm a little over the top, I am a very impatient person, I am loud and crazy. We are total opposite people, however we fit together perfectly! God knew what he was doing when he put us together! Charlie has always been an amazing husband and friend. But when we started this journey, Charlie went from amazing to glorious!
I remember when we started doing the IUI's I would give myself the shots and where was Charlie? Right beside me holding my hand. When I would cry because of pain he would reassure me that it was worth it! When we moved on to IVF I was doing up to 6 shots a day. And there he was holding my hand helping me out. One night while I was giving my shots after the first one I lost it! I cried from pain, I cried from the emotions and I cried because I was so overwhelmed!!! Charlie who is deathly afraid of needles grabbed the needle and stuck it in! He then took the other needles and began giving me my shots one by one! When he finished he put his forehead on mine and said "From now on ill do the shots!" And he did, every single one from then until now. He has held my hand through every procedure, through every sickness, through every difficult doctor visit and has never let go.  He has let me do whatever I want to get this baby, and I know he will continue on because for whatever reason my happiness means more to him than anything!
I wonder sometime how I got so lucky, because there are plenty of times that I take advantage of him!
Charlie loves me so much, he puts me first! He wants me to be a mommy more than anything! I know he would do anything to make this happen! I know that I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have him!!! I recently heard the new song by Martina McBride called "I'm gonna love you through it" and I know this is how Charlie feels about what we are going through. It goes.....
When you’re weak, I’ll be strong
When you let go, I’ll hold on
When you need to cry, I swear that I’ll be there to dry your eyes
When you feel lost and scared to death,
Like you can’t take one more step
Just take my hand, together we can do it
I’m gonna love you through it.
And when this road gets too long
I'll be the rock you lean on
Just take my hand, together we can do it
I’m gonna love you through it.
I’m gonna love you through it.
I thank God everyday for Charlie, he is the most amazing man. I cant wait to see what kind of father he will be because if he is anything like he is a husband it will be one lucky child!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment