Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dear mom,

Dear Mom,
Tomorrow is our big day. Ive had all day to ponder and think about what is about to happen. Ive tried to think all day what I could get for you to say "thank you" but when I really think about it, what do you give the women who is about to sacrifice once again for me to have happiness. I wish I could buy you the world in return for what your going to do for me, but with a husband like Charlie we both know that wont happen, too expensive. :) All I could come up with was a letter to at the very least try and express my gratitude for what you are doing for us. So I'm going to try my best to get through this letter with as dry of eyes as possible.

Twenty-six years ago I'm sure the sight of a positive pregnancy test wasn't exactly what you would consider a miracle in the making. I can only imagine what you and dad were feeling and thinking. I can only imagine what was going through you head. As I think about what you went through, I first want to say thank you for choosing me. Even though it isn't in you to think that you wouldn't keep me, you still did. That would be the first of MANY sacrifices you've made for me. I'm sure it wasn't easy when people found out that two un wed teens are having a baby. I cant imagine the things that were said to you and the things that hurt your feelings. I thank you for choosing to marry my dad, and to make a life for me. I know that twenty-six years ago you could never imagine that the miracle inside you was only the beginning of what was to come.
Thank you mom for continuing your education so that you could provide a life for me. Thank you for all the times you stayed up late, went to study groups and took weekend classes so that you could show me what hard work and dedication is all about. Thank you mom for pushing and pushing yourself  to teach me that hard work does pay off. Thank you for working extra hours so we could have extra money for my "oreos" Thank you for always, always, putting me first above anything else you wanted. I have no idea what that was like for you and dad. You both always had time for me and always showered me with your love!
Thank you mom for staying with my dad through think and thin. Thank you for showing me what a loving christian wife is about. Thank you for teaching me what married life is supposed to be. Thank you mom for taking me to church every Sunday and every Wednesday. Thank you for helping lead me to the Lord. Thank you mom for pushing me every night to do my homework, and brush my teeth, and pick up my clothes. Thank you mom for listening to me when I had fights at school with my friends, or when a stupid boy broke my heart. Never, never where you not there with your shoulder out ready for me to cry on. Thank you for going to EVERY ball game I cheered, EVERY cheer competition I competed in and cheering for me the whole time!

Now even though this letter is to you, I still do need to stop because we both know we wouldn't be here if it weren't for dad. Thank you to my wonderful dad who gave up so much for both of us, he is the reason we are both still standing. God blessed me with two wonderful parents who love each other and has shown me what a godly relationship should be.

Tomorrow at 1230, I will once again add to this list of "thank yous" Tomorrow, God willing two of mine and Charlie's wonderful eggs will be implanted into you. You will hopefully carry one (or more) of your grandchildren. WOW how many people can say that!!! As if you could possibly do more for me, you go and help me out again. Thank you mom for going above and beyond your call of duty of motherhood. Thank you for putting your body through so much, thank you for taking each pill, and letting dad "shoot you up" :) Charlie and I will forever be grateful for what you have done.
No matter what happens, if this works or not I want you to know that I can never ever repay you for what you have done. I hope and pray that in the next few weeks there will be heartbeats all around. I cannot wait to tell your grandchildren what you did for them. You are my hero and I will eternally grateful for what you have done!!!
all my love,
Lynsey



No comments:

Post a Comment