Saturday, January 28, 2012

The two week wait!

It all comes down to this....wow what a journey! On Wednesday mom and I along with our small fan club :) went to put in our beautiful eggs. Once we got there Dr.Gentry told us that out of our 7 fertilized eggs 6 of them were grade "a" (they grade the eggs, a, b, c's obviously "a" being the best) He also told us that they all looked very good. In his words "somebody should get pregnant with these eggs". The last IVF we did, this was one of our bigger problems and one of the reasons with why it didn't work.So we were very very happy to hear this news. So he did want to put 2 in mom and 2 in me. That leaves us with 2 left over to freeze. (we wont know if they froze for another few days) 
Mom got to go first, dad and I got to stay in the room to see the transfer. We were supposed to be there with a moderate to full bladder but mom didn't start drinking her water till we got there so her bladder wasn't quite moderate yet, this and because of some scar tissue from her c section with me caused about a 3 to 4 minute panic. He had quite a bit of trouble getting through her cervix. He ended up getting some extra tools and finally after what I know was a very painful process, 2 wonderful eggs were placed in her uterus. I remember sitting there watching my sweet mom go through so much pain for me. My heart broke into, I just prayed and prayed that God would intervene and help it not be so painful. Afterwords when it was just dad and I we both looked at each other and he said " I thought God was closing the door." and I did too. Still not 100% sure as to why that happen I know that God was there and Dr. Gentry was very please with the placement of the eggs. I got to video tape the transfer and we were also given pictures. Here is the 2 eggs that were placed in mom. The little whit line beside the "x" is where they were placed.

After mom was finished and resting they took me back, thankful my transfer was a lot easier. Mine took about 3 minutes total. He was also very pleased with the egg placement. Charlie got to video tape mine as well and we also got a picture of our two sweet babies. Mine look likes two white dots beside the "x"

After my transfer we were both in recovery for 30 minutes, then we were able to leave. Once we were at home we were to be on bed rest for the next two days. It was raining when it was time to leave so the boys went a got the cars for us. When dad came in to get us he said "Lynsey you'll never guess what song is playing on the radio right now." Yep, it was "Oh how he loves" by the David Crowder band. GOD WINK!!!!
 Charlie and dad and Melissa took such good care of us. We were feed very very well. The boys did get a little irritated when they got the kitchen all cleaned up and then we asked for more food. However, they say they were happy to do it!
Thursday we went to moms house and my sweet Gram came and took good care of us. We have been showered with food, cards, texts, and calls. We have been so taken care of these past few days. Our friends and families have taken such good care of us. Melissa stayed with us Friday and her and Sarah cooked us a great supper. We haven't needed anything. It is so nice to have so many people who love us so much!

I remember waking up Wednesday morning and looking on facebook, and it was blown up with prayers and kind words for mom and I. I just sat down and cried. We are so grateful for the support, the best thing that you can do for someone who is going through this, is support them. We also had a group of amazing women that did a prayer circle for us at the beauty shop. I cant even begin to tell you how much that means to us. To go into such an event with so much prayer, its like flying. You feel like you can touch the sky! We will forever and ever be grateful for each and every one of you who have supported us. 

So now we are in the two week wait. We have to wait to whole long long weeks to find out what we both already know :) But still we do have to make it newsworthy with a blood test. We ask that you continue to pray for the 4 embryos that are attaching and growing inside us. I pray that they will one day get to read this blog and see just how loved they really were, before they were ever created!!!!!
God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment