Monday, January 23, 2012

Hold on tight, cause here we go....


Well this is it, the time has come. This long awaited journey is beginning and we cant wait to see how it goes. Friday morning bright and early Charlie, mom, dad, Cathy and I made our way to Evansville to retrieve some eggs. When we got their Charlie and I were taken back to the room where the eggs would be removed. He was able to be in the room with me, they gave me fentanyl and versed which didn't knock me out but it did relax me. I was able to watch on the screen when he went in and took out each egg. It was something that I don't think I will ever forget. From the right side they removed 13 eggs, wow! When he moved to the left side they told Charlie he could video if he wanted, which he did. However when he went to the left side there was a huge blood vessel that was in the way of the 3 eggs. He tried every direction to get them but he said if he went in and got them I would be in the hospital and it just wasn't worth it. So we ended up with 13 eggs, which is still great! I recovered for about 2 hours and we were sent on our way. They told me to stay up on my pain meds because those 3 eggs they couldn't get would drop and it would be painful!


On Saturday around 1130 we finally got the call. Of the 13 eggs we have 7 fertilized eggs. So from Friday until Wednesday when we go to implant they will let them grow in the pea tree dish. So right now we have to pray that these 7 are growing and maturing so they will be ready to implant. On Wednesday he will tell us just how good each egg is and how many he wants to implant in each of us. We are excited and ready to see how this goes.

Its now that I start to get nervous and anxious. But I have to stop and remember God has brought us this far He wont leave us now. We are so excited to know that on Wednesday mom and I both will be soooo close to being pregnant. It seems so surreal, we've waited so long for this and here it is. In just a few short weeks we will know if all this hard work and prayers paid off.

Once again I want to say a big thank you to all of the prayers, text, calls and kind words. We are so extremely blessed with amazing people who are always thinking of us. We've received so many precious gifts that we will hold dear to our hearts. We have 2 amazing people Brittany and Ashlee who are selling decals for us. I fill like every time I turn around someone else is helping us out or giving us an encouraging word. I thank God for sending these people in our lives. Thank you doesn't even seem appropriate. But we are truly grateful for all of you!!!

Please continue to pray for our sweet little 7, as they grow and mature into beautiful eggs. Please remember us on Wednesday around 1230 as both mom and I will be implanted and let the next journey begin........... 

No comments:

Post a Comment